Finansbank aims to set an example as a leading bank.
The Finansbank Operation Center (FOMER), established on July 23, 2001, was one of the first of its kind in the Turkish banking industry. More than 65% of all the operational transactions conducted in our branches are handled by FOMER. We aim to increase this percentage by completely centralizing all services except counter and similar transactions that can only be provided by the branches.
As part of the centralization of our operations, substantial technological investments have been made in order to improve service quality. All the documentation and correspondence of our branches are now transmitted electronically to the operation center by way of our document management system and archived electronically. This has produced considerable savings in time and in courier, correspondence, mail, telephone, fax and paper costs. The error margin has been reduced significantly through the effective transaction control secured via state-of-the-art hardware and software.
Centralizing operations has also increased the efficiency of operations as well as reduced the costs of the rapid organic growth that has been recently experienced by the bank. A further result has been that operational risks have been significantly reduced, and it has been ensured that services offered by the Bank are effectively monitored for compliance with legal regulations and the Bank's policies.
Our main objective in implementing a centralized operation system is to provide the same level of fast, error-free and quality service for each customer. Our representatives at the operation center have the experience and skills to efficiently provide workable solutions for the most complicated of customer issues. The latest technology and the expertise of our operation center allow prompt and accurate execution of transactions, and with the reduction of the operational workload at our branches, branch personnel now have the opportunity to spend more time getting to know the customers, understanding their needs and providing customized and effective solutions.
As a natural consequence of the centralization of our operational activities, our branches can now better focus on sales and marketing activities.
Finansbank Telephone banking at +90 850 222 0 900 began operation in the first half of the year 2000. Customer requests for banking and investment transactions, credit cards and other banking products are processed by Telephone Banking on a continuous basis, seven days a week, 24 hours a day. In addition, calls are made to introduce credit card and banking products, announce promotional campaigns, complete customer information, ensure customer security, and conduct cross sales. Outbound calls are also made to increase activation by informing new customers about the products and services offered by the Bank.
Along with the services provided to our individual customers via Telephone Banking, the Small Business Banking Service Line at 0850 222 1 900 began serving small business banking customers in 2004, allowing them to conduct banking transactions by phone. The KobiFinans Helpline was established in 2005 as part of the system at 0850 222 1 900 to provide consulting services to SMEs. The first of their kind in Turkey, Telephone and Internet Banking are now integrated with a "One-on-One Communication" platform that provides "chat", "call-me" and "web-mail" services.
Designed to create a widely available channel to meet customer expectations and encourage the use of Telephone and Internet Banking, the Kiosk project was completed in 2005 and 68 Kiosks have been installed.
By November 2006, POS number has reached 57,445 with an increase of 25% compared to 2005. By this consequence, our market share has risen to 4.46%. Shared POS projects haVE led to major developments. By the end of November 2006, shared POS number has reached 12,530. 21.8% of Finansbank POS's take part in the shared POS project which positions the bank as one of the market leaders in this field.
Finansbank Operation Center (Fomer)
Corporate Banking Operations
- Corporate and Commercial Operations: Import (Including FX Transfers), Export, Loans (Cash and Non-cash Loan Transactions and Insurance Transactions)
- Branch Operation Management
- Banking Regulations and Branch Audit Reports Examination
- Cost & Process Analysis
Retail Banking & Treasury Operations
- Treasury Operations
- Retail Credits (Cash and Non-cash Credit Transactions and Insurance Transactions)
- SME Trade Finance, Import (Including FX Transfers), Export
- Private Banking Operations
General Banking Operations
- Check/Promissory Note and Cash Reserve Transactions
- Customer Services and Insurance (EFT, Money Order, Tax/SSI Collections)
- Official Institution Investigations
- Incoming FX Transfers/Western Union/SWIFT
ADC (Alternative Distribution Channels) Operations
- Merchant System Definition and Settlement (CardFinans Central Branch and Merchant Evaluation, POS Support
- Security and Chargeback (Security, Provision and Chargeback)
- ATM Management and FINBOR Operations
- Customer Service Operations (Back Office operations, financial arrangements)
- Print Shop and Mailing Room
- Payment Systems
Customer Communicatıon Center and User Coordination Group
- Call Center Coordination and Support Management (Consumer and SME Banking Call Center, Branch Support Services, Merchant Support Services)
- Core Banking Project Development
- ADC and Credit Cards Project Development
- Information and Services
- Card Printing and Support Services
- Barter and Agreement
- Kiosk Project Management
- ATM Profitability, Installation and Logistic
- Internet Banking and Mobile Banking Operations